Your mouth is totally watering just thinking about it, huh?!
I have a love/hate relationship with the junk.
UGhh!! I LOVE it cause it's yummy. As soon as I can get my teeth on some, I'm one happy lady.
I HATE it cause it controls ME!
Whenever it's in the house, I can hear it calling out for me :) Don't act like you don't know what I'm talking about.
Then to top it all off, the dumb stuff makes me eat it all until there is no more left to be found in the house.
This past Saturday I really over did it.
I ate way too much of the good stuff. I couldn't stop.
I woke up Sunday feeling like I got hit by a Semi.
It's was the worst I have felt in a long time.
I promised myself at that moment I was going to take care of this body I have been blessed with.
So what did I do?
I searched the web to get some help with my madness.
Remember, I am not a fitness or health professional!
This is just info I found from all my mad Internet searching skills.
Thought my fellow Chocoholics would appreciate it.
Here are a few things I learned about the "C" word:
1. It affects the part of the brain that a lot of drugs affect, giving us a little bit of a feel good. Obviously not as strong. But enough to make us want to go back for more.
2. It releases serotonin's through out the body which equals, HAPPY! For a moment anyway.
3. So in turn, alot of women who suffer from depression and anxiety or just plain boredom love the stuff!
That would be my category.
Chocolate is famous for being one of those comfort foods.
We don't HAVE to have it.
4. Doctors and researchers are still trying to decide if there is such thing as "chocolate addiction".
Some suggestions they give to get over this little problem : DUH!!!
1. Eat in moderation. This is where the whole self control comes in :/ If you have to have it everyday, they suggest eating it before a meal so hopefully you are full and satisfied.
2. Just quit eating it cold turkey.
3. Exercise if you are bored or feeling anxious. The exercise will release the serotonin that will help you feel happy just like the chocolate. I'm liking this idea!!!
4. If you feel like you need a chocolate snack make sure you have other choices other than just chocolate.
You can't get over a problem without a plan, RIGHT?!
Here is my plan:
1. I am going to work on eating lots of yummy healthy snacks.
2. Still eat chocolate just a lot
more less :) REALLY!!
3. Work on working out my anxiety or boredom with exercise and if I have to, organize my house.
4. I'm going to keep track of what I eat. MY FITNESS PAL is a free place to do so.
I HAVE A PLAN!!! YAY!!!
Please tell me I'm not the only one out there who has this problem. I hope you will leave me a comment with any ideas you might have to help us or me all out!
Go sweat some chocolate sprinkles!
Enjoy the video below. I found it very informative.
Doesn't that candy all look so yummy?! Ughh!